Back in Black
Ok, not quite black, but I haven't blogged in a while so I figured I'd write about something controversial. I've been thinking about this since I recently watched "Jodhaa Akbar" (a great movie with great music by the way), so here goes.
What are A. R. Rahman's top five movie soundtracks?
Obviously this is an impossible question to answer, but I'll attempt it anyway. So, here are Rahman's top five (in no particular order):
1. Roja - The original, the one that started it all.
2. Bombay - Roja perfected. With Humma Humma and that amazing theme tune.
3. Dil Se - Chaiyya Chaiyya. Need one say anything else?
4. Rang De Basanti - Wow. Just wow. Nobody thought Rahman could sound like this. And Roobaroo. Song of the century man.
5. Kandukondein Kandukondein - This one's for the Tamil fans. And for anyone who has heard Kannamoochi.
Honorable mention: Lagaan. Another great one, and it would have made the top five if the song "O Re Chori" didn't have that ridiculous English interlude.
So there you have it. Rahman's top 5. Let the arguments begin!